You are hereHome ›
Last day to put your name on a waitlist: January 21, 2015 at 11:59 pm.
You are responsible for the deadlines listed below:
- Last day to add a class using the Web registration: January 21, 2015 at 11:59 pm.
- Last day to put your name on a waitlist: January 21, 2015 at 11:59 pm.
- Last day to drop a class (without a “W”): January 28, 2015 at 11:59 pm. Failure to drop by this date will result in a charge to the student’s tuition and a “W” on their transcript.
- Failure to attend a class will result in an “F” for the class.
Last day to add a class without petitioning your academic dean and not be charged a $100 late fee: January 30, 2015 for at 5:00 p.m.
The Spanish Department Does Not Administratively Drop students for non-attendance. It is the sole responsibility of the student to complete the drop procedure if they no longer wish to attend a Spanish/Portuguese class. Please drop yourself so that others may have your space.Failure to attend a class will result in an “F” for the class.
- YOUR INSTRUCTOR DOES NOT CONTROL ENROLLMENT and cannot let you into his/her class.
- If you are waitlisted DO NOT COUNT on getting the class. Your schedule should be arranged such that your full-time status is not jeopardized by a failure to get into a Spanish/Portuguese class. Find a backup.
- It does not make any difference how many chairs are available in the classroom. Class sizes are set by the department and university and only the Drop/Add Coordinator has the authority to increase them.
- During the Drop/Add period (January 12, 2015 through January 21, 2015) all enrollment is from the waitlists and is controlled by the computer. Waitlists are prioritized by class standing once a day (at 11:59 pm) and open spaces are filled at that time. No one can let you into a closed Spanish/Portuguese class during this period.
- You are not notified if you are enrolled in a class from the waitlist. You are STRONGLY URGED to check your status on the waitlist on a daily basis and to ATTEND THE CLASS, as you will be held responsible for all of the work if you are enrolled.
- For SPAN 3000 and above you must be on the waitlist for a class by January 21, 2015 (11:59 pm) in order to see the Drop/Add Coordinator. The Drop/Add Coordinator will be available Thursday, January 22, 2015 9:00 am - 12:00 pm. Come to the Spanish/Portuguese Office, McKenna 126, with a photo I.D. during this time. This is the ONLY time the Coordinator is available. DO NOT contact the Drop/Add Coordinator before January 22nd.
If you are on a course waitlist as of 11:59 p.m. on January 21, 2015 and don’t get into the class, you need to visit the following website:
http://registrar.colorado.edu/students/registration/course_reservation.html to register for the course for Fall 2015.
If you are not enrolled in the class by January 30, 2015 you may no longer attend the class.
Questions? Need Help? Please feel free to come by the Spanish & Portuguese Office in McKenna 126 between the hours of 8:30 – 11:45 a.m. and 1:00 – 4:30 p.m.
- Courses and Syllabi
- Undergraduate Manual
- Department Minors
- Drop/Add/Waitlist Policies
- Independent Study Guidelines
- Placement/ Exemption Exam
- Common Finals
- Areas of Expertise
- Colorado Review
- Study Abroad