You are hereHome › Drop/Add/Waitlist Policies
Drop/Add/Waitlist Policies (Spring 2013)
You are responsible for the deadlines listed below:
- Last day to add a class using the Web registration: January 23, 2013 at 11:59 pm.
- Last day to put your name on a waitlist: January 23, 2013 at 11:59 pm.
- Last day to drop a class (without a “W”): January 30, 2013 at midnight. Failure to drop by this date will result in a charge to the student’s tuition and a “W” on their transcript.
- Last day to add a class without petitioning your dean: February 1, 2013 for at 5:00 p.m.
- The Spanish Department Does Not Administratively Drop students for non-attendance. It is the sole responsibility of the student to complete the drop procedure if they no longer wish to attend a Spanish/Portuguese class. Please drop yourself so that others may have your space.
- Failure to attend a class will result in an “F” for the class.
Waitlisted? Please read below.
- YOUR INSTRUCTOR DOES NOT CONTROL ENROLLMENT and can not let you into his/her class.
- If you are waitlisted DO NOT COUNT on getting the class. Your schedule should be arranged such that your full-time status is not jeopardized by a failure to get into a Spanish/Portuguese class. Find a backup.
- It does not make any difference how many chairs are available in the classroom. Class sizes are set by the department and university and only the Drop/Add Coordinator has the authority to increase them.
- During the Drop/Add period (January 14 - 31, 2013) all enrollment is from waitlists and is controlled by the computer. Waitlists are prioritized by class standing once a day (at 11:59 pm) and open spaces are filled at that time. No one can let you into a closed Spanish/Portuguese class during this period.
- You are not notified if you are enrolled in a class from the waitlist. You are STRONGLY URGED to check your status on the waitlist on a daily basis and to ATTEND THE CLASS, as you will be held responsible for all of the work if you are enrolled.
- For SPAN 3000 and above you must be on the wailist for a class by January 23, 2013 (11:59 pm) in order to see the Drop/Add Coordinator. The Drop/Add Coordinator will be available Thursday, January 24, 2013, from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm. Come to the Spanish/Portuguese Office, McKenna 126, with a photo I.D. during this time. This is the ONLY time the Coordinator is available. DO NOT contact the Drop/Add Coordinator before or after January 24, 2013.
- If you are on a course waitlist as of 5:00 p.m. on January 23, 2013 and don’t get into the class, you should plan to go to the Registrar’s Office, Regent 105, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., March 18-28, 2013 to register for the course for Fall 2013.
If you are not enrolled in the class by February 1, 2013 you may no longer attend the class.
Questions? Need Help? Please feel free to come by the Spanish & Portuguese Office in McKenna 126 between the hours of 8:30 – 11:45 a.m. and 1:00 – 4:30 p.m. This document is available on line at http://spanish.colorado.edu/content/dropaddwaitlist-policies
- Courses and Syllabi
- Undergraduate Manual
- Drop/Add/Waitlist Policies
- Independent Study Guidelines
- Placement/ Exemption Exam
- Common Finals
- Portuguese Minor
- Areas of Expertise
- Give to Span & Port
- Colorado Review
- Study Abroad