Minor in Portuguese Language and Culture
The Minor focuses on Brazilian Portuguese, but provides the students with knowledge of the Lusophone world and the relations between the different national contexts where Portuguese is spoken.
Acquire a wider comprehension of Portuguese in a multi-cultural context.
- PORT 2110 – Second-Year Port. I (or) PORT 2350 – Portuguese for Spanish Speakers (Intensive)
- PORT 2120 – Second-Year Port. II
- PORT 3003 – Advanced Language Skills (Topics on Socio-Environmental Issues)
- PORT 3230 – Lusophone Culture
- PORT4110 – Survey of Brazilian Literature
- PORT 4150 – Survey of Portuguese Literature
- Total number of Portuguese credits must be 18 for the minor.
- Cumulative G.P.A. of Portuguese courses must be at least 2.000. C- Or better is required for a course to apply to requirements.
- Transfer credit must be approved by the Associate Chair for Undergraduate Studies.
- Study Abroad courses must be approved by the Faculty Study Abroad Coordinator. Please review the departmental website for the approval process: http://spanish.colorado.edu/study-abroad
* Or equivalent classes taken abroad.
Minor is not available to Spanish and Portuguese Language and Culture Majors.
A minor in Portuguese makes a major difference.
- Courses and Syllabi
- Undergraduate Manual
- Drop/Add/Waitlist Policies
- Independent Study Guidelines
- Placement/ Exemption Exam
- Common Finals
- Portuguese Minor
- Areas of Expertise
- Colorado Review
- Study Abroad