You are hereHome ›
Summer Program in Argentina
The Department of Spanish and Portuguese offers a Study Abroad Global Seminar to Rosario, Argentina each summer from late May to early July. This intensive 5 week program, directed by Dr. Susan Hallstead, is one of the most successful Global Seminars offered by CU. It is held at the private university Fundación Gran Rosario.
- Argentina is one of the most prosperous and dynamic countries in the MERCOSUR, a perfect host country for Foreign Affairs majors specializing in Latin America;
- Rosario is Argentina’s second largest and one of its most dynamic cities, located on the banks of the Paraná River. It is perfect for those who love boating, walking/dining along the riverfront and outdoor activities, as well as for those who like cultural activities and / or a brisk urban nightlife.
- This program is COST EFFECTIVE This is one of the most affordable programs at CU and financial aide and scholarships are available. Everyone should have the chance to study abroad!
- Host family stay: this is a key element in study abroad that will SIGNIFICANTLY increase your exposure to the host language and culture;
- Spanish speaking only: you can really focus on speaking Spanish only as there are no different languages or dialects spoken in Rosario and its environs other than Spanish.
- Earn 6 upper division credits that count for ALL Spanish Majors, Engineering majors with a concentration in Latin America and Foreign Affairs majors; There are two classes offered: “Argentine Culture in a Latin American Context” (3000 level culture elective) and “Late 19th and 20th Century Argentine Literature” (3260).
- Housing, meals and numerous excursions and lessons (river rafting trip, tango and cooking lessons, museum tours, architectural tour, guests lecturers, university student conversation partner for each student) all included;
- Free time: classes are held Monday through Thursday so students may travel to nearby sites of interest (Buenos Aires, Iguazú falls, Mendoza) on the weekends.
Apply soon! Space is limited and acceptance is competitive!
If your are interested in applying, you can do so here.
- Courses and Syllabi
- Undergraduate Manual
- Department Minors
- Drop/Add/Waitlist Policies
- Independent Study Guidelines
- Placement/ Exemption Exam
- Common Finals
- Application Instructions
- Courses and Syllabi
- FAQ applicants and prospective applicants
- FAQ: current students
- Financial Support
- Graduate Manual
- MA Reading List
- Graduate Teaching
- Centers and Certificates
- Graduate Student Conference
- Areas of Expertise
- Colorado Review
- Study Abroad